11.1.15

DOUBLING OUR BUDGET

It's been 10 weeks since I challenged myself to finish 14 projects that we had either started or purchased supplies for but not completed. With only 4 weeks left I have 11 projects still on my list (seriously where did those 10 weeks go?!) - but to finish them I have to change the rules. Originally I had said that if we needed to spend more than £10 to complete a project that it would have to wait...I don't know whats happened but things are expensive! I think I've been deluding myself that everything is still at 2002 prices because I quickly realised that to finish most of these projects I would need to double my budget. I was really bummed out at first - I hate going back on something that I've said I'll stick to - but in the end I thought it was better to revise my budget than to strike half the projects off my list.

So with one month and a doubled budget I'm hoping that I can make some big progress and start making this new house feel more like home. In classic style I've got all the hardest, messiest and most time-consuming jobs still on the list:

LIVING ROOM
1 - organise toy storage
2 - repaint the floor
3 - put up curtains 

GIRLS ROOM
4 - make cushion covers
5 - add book storage
6 - add decor

KITCHEN
7 - rehang cupboard doors
8 - paint the counters
9 - lay peel and stick tile

HALL
10 - fill and sand the walls
11 - paint the walls
12 - lay peel and stick tile
13 - paint the upstairs hall floor

MASTER BEDROOM
14 - clear and organise the mountains of stuff

Here's to a busy month of dust and paint and sewing machines...cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment