17.9.14

PLANS FOR THE LITTLE LADIES ROOM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I swear every time I look at Misha and Eva they get bigger and I'm scared that they'll be old ladies by the time we finish their room if we don't get on it soon!

Here's what their room looked like when we bought the house:

















And here's where it's at right now:



















It's definitely not a huge transformation, and still not even a blank canvas yet, but it took a lot of time and energy to get it to this point. We:
  • stripped the textured wall paper from the walls and the ceiling
  • removed the picture rail
  • filled, sanded and painted the walls, ceiling and trim
  • removed the carpets and underlay
  • filled the gaps and sanded and primed the floor
and to get it to that blank canvas starting point we still need to:
  • paint the floor
  • paint the door and spray the handle
  • replace the old yellowed switches
Misha and Eva chose the colour for the walls. They both said they wanted a blue bedroom so we taped up some light and mid blue swatches and they picked Celestial Cloud 5 by Dulux. White is 100% my comfort zone for walls so I was a bit scared of floor to ceiling colour but I ended up loving it as much as they did - well done ladies! 

I also love this quote:


...and I'd love to incorporate the spirit of it into the room. They both love learning about different countries and they  have a big atlas that's always out so I'm thinking maps, animals from all over the world and patterns and textures from different cultures. And of course, it has to be crazy cozy!

I also want to bring in the different pink toned items from their old room - kind of like this and this.



globe - cushion (no longer available simelar here) - rug - sheepskin - alphabet poster (no longer availiable - also loving this one) - dresser 

There's lots of stuff I'd love to diy in here - cushions, art, maybe a rug - so I'm sure it will take time to pull the whole room together. One day we'd love to knock out the chimney breast to make the room more flexible when both the girls need bigger beds but for now the to do list looks like this:
  • paint the floor and door
  • add a blind and curtains
  • get rugs - maybe a patterned pink area rug with a sheep skin on top
  • add storage for books
  • add artwork and other decorations - maps? animals? flags?
  • bring in lots of cushions and blankets to up the cozy 
  • organize the chest of drawers and under-bed storage to make it easy for the girls to find all their stuff
Anyone else planning kid's room overhauls? They grow so quick i'm sure I'll be planning it all over again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment