1.10.14

LIGHTS, BLINDS AND TOILET PAPER

We made a few little updates in the bathroom, we added a new light, blinds, toilet roll holder and there's some above-the-sink action going on too.

The light we chose is this one from Ikea - I love the dark colour against the white ceiling and the outdoor vibe it has - it really reminds me of the street lights between the trees in the park.


I especially love it compared to the old one  - these are the most standard UK bathroom light fittings - and there's totally nothing wrong with them - they just remind me of UFOs - I don't know what my beef is!


No beef with the new one - I don't mind being reminded of romantic evening strolls.


We also added some Venetian blinds to the windows - both for added privacy and to cover the glass - it has a leaf motif that I'm not so hot for (we're planning to replace all the windows in the house down the line - both for efficiency and for safety - I'd love something like this or this - so we could open the top portion on the window without having to open the bottom too).


We ordered them from this company during a half off sale. The windows in here are a non-standard size otherwise we would have gone for something a bit cheaper - we're thinking about moving the windows around in here one day if the layout changes.



Above the sink we added a simple glass shelf (also from Ikea) and a second-hand mirror I got for our old house a few years ago. I think a rectangular mirror would look better in here but this one's working fine for us until we find something else.



The toilet roll holder is my favourite, it just seems so fancy! Happiness is in the small things guys (it's another Ikea buy - can you tell I love that place?).


We're still deciding on paint colours (this one's a placeholder - it's just some left over flat matt paint from the living room - It's not designed for bathrooms) and we need to add a shower curtain, organize the cupboard and change the sink tap but this is the first room that is really actually nearly phase one done....it's a good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment